Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Going Home

No, the city calling me home is that ever-so-seductive and glorious Hoofdstad de l’Europe, Brussels. While I’m withholding my title and company from a printed article until the final “I”s are crossed and “T”s are dotted with the help of corporate HR, I am delighted to say that I am returning to Brussels in August and starting a Belgium-based permanent role.

The emotional twinge I get when I step off a train in Brussels is remarkably similar to what I feel when coming off a plane in Chicago. And while I certainly have a past with Brussels, my thought are those of the future—where to go, who to meet, how to get involved, who to reconnect with and how to optimize my neighborhood choice and integrate a higher amount of exercise to accommodate the world-class Belgian cuisine.

I’ll make a full announcement soon, and send out invites to a housewarming in due course. I am very much looking forward to, finally, making my home in Brussels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is not how forex traders think. technical, macroeconomic, political & planetary ! Understanding to accurately spot potential ones becomes of extreme importance.